Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Joshua has arrived!


We are pleased to announce the birth of our little boy, Joshua Thomas Phelps. A quick blurb from my facebook account, and then some pictures:

Joshua Thomas Phelps arrived at 7:05am, July 12th, weighing 7 lbs. 14 oz. & measuring 20 inches. Will be posting some pics soon if I can get it to work on our netbook here, with very little sleep.

Labor began at approx. 9pm, where we were counting contractions getting stronger at home. We went in & I was dilated to a 5. An hour later, a 6. An hour after that a 7. Got an epidrual - twice (kind of a bummer, but worth it in th end, then we got an hour of sleep at 6am, were told my doc would be up at 8 to break my water to get things rolling. He surprised us at 7am, broke the water, asked me to push - I did and then he said, "this baby will be here in 5 minutes." Watched them break away the bed, get the crew in place & then I pushed 2 times on 1 contraction and little Joshua was here - amazingly beautiful & perfect in every way. Praise God. I'm up now on the hospital wi-fi, trying to stay awake because he's spitting up amniotic fluid a bit, thought I'd keep awake by uploading some pics....to be put up soon!

No comments: