Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hope for the New Year

I haven't uploaded any new pictures, but I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I feel very strongly that this is going to be a good year. A wonderfully blessed year. You could say that 2007 was a difficult year for many reasons. Sometimes I lose sight of the grand scheme of things when I'm in the throws of tough times. There were a lot of tough times this past year, but I have been able to look back and actually see God prevailing. This year I want to, no - I need to see God in the midst of day-to-day things that pile up and cause frustration, fear, anger, worry and much more. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 which states, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Wow - what a powerful verse. Another sentiment that comes to mind is a part of a song by Toby Mac which is actually sung by Mandisa. She says, "How do I sense the tide that's rising, desensitizing me, from living in light of Eternity?" My plan for the New Year is to not lose sight of the big picture - eternity. I want to live my life today in light of eternity. This might seem like a big mumble jumble of thoughts, and well yes, I guess it is. Praise God for giving me this hope for our future. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

Amen! May we all try to take a step back and remember the reason for life is to gain experience, to develop charity (the pure love of Christ), and to return to His presence again to report on our life! May you find peace in your day to day adventures and let us help each other remember that eternity with our Savior is the goal! (p.s. I love your hair, way cute in your family picture and the ones from Christmas Day).

Anonymous said...

So true! It is easy to lose sight of the big picture. Sometimes we do
need to step back and take a breath and remember to let God
take the reins, I know I have to do that sometimes and I always feel better when I do! Call me sometime, Sydney wants to play
with Nathan and Hannah!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

Happy New year to you too

Becky said...

Hey Court. Sure miss chatting with you!


Hope to see some new pics soon!


Becky